Accalia is Senior Lecturer in Law and Programme Leader for LLB (Hons) Law. She joined the University of Winchester in 2016, having previously been a Senior Lecturer in Law at Buckinghamshire New University, where she is currently studying for her PhD. Accalia teaches Intellectual Property Law, Tort, English Legal System & Methods.
Areas of expertise
- Intellectual Property law
- Media law
- Tort law
- Equity & Trusts
- English Legal System & Methods
- Privacy, Defamation and Legal Education
- Atkinson-Payne ‘The Power of Blocking: Internet blocking- a new technological solution or a step too far?’ Third Winchester Conference on Trust, Risk, Information and the Law 'Information is Power' April 2016. Paper Presentation.
- Atkinson-Payne & Dagilyte, ‘Innovative assessment on the practice based curriculum’ Association of Business Schools Conference ‘Learning, Teaching and Student Experience’ York, April 2015. Paper Presentation.
- Atkinson-Payne & Dagilyte, ‘Old gives way to new: enhancing student employability through the use of innovative assessment methods’ ALT Conference ‘50 years of Legal Education’ Cardiff, March 2015. Paper Presentation.
- Atkinson & Emery, ‘Audio Feedback- A dialogue, not a monologue’ Plymouth University ‘Plymouth International e-learning Conference’ Plymouth, April 2010. Paper Presentation.
- Atkinson & Emery, ‘Audio Feedback Project: Group Assessment FeedbackThe Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ Sheffield Hallam University Conference ‘A Word in Your Ear’ Sheffield, September 2009. Paper Presentation.
Staff Development Workshops
- Atkinson-Payne, ‘Enhancing student employability and professionalism through the use of innovative methods of assessment’ Bucks New University ‘Staff Development Day: Professionalism in Higher Education’ 2015.
- Atkinson-Payne, ‘Personal Portfolio Development Project’ Solent University ‘Learning and Teaching Conference’ 2010.
- Atkinson-Payne, ‘Audio Feedback: The Results’ Solent University ‘Learning and Teaching Conference’ 2009.