Graduate and student recruitment
We can support businesses to recruit the best graduatesView content
Our graduate and student recruitment services enable businesses to advertise their roles to thousands of potential applicants.
Employ a graduate
Vacancy advertising service: CareerConnect
Use of this service is free of charge and enables you to advertise:
- Graduate jobs and schemes for final year students and recent graduates
- Casual, temporary, fixed-term or part-time roles for current students
- Internships, placements, vacation schemes or work experience
- Volunteering opportunities
To advertise your opportunities on CareerConnect, please:
- Post an individual opportunity. This option allows you to track its progress live (when it is validated, how many views it has had, how many students have applied etc.), archive it when necessary, or modify it
- Create a company profile and link your vacancies to this. This option allows you to create a company profile to present your organisation in more detail, as well as add opportunities.
Contributing to careers presentations/workshops and events
The Careers Service runs a series of presentations and events during each semester. Employers interested in giving their time and expertise to careers events are greatly appreciated. Contributing to events such as 'Careers in…' talks or 'Preparing for interview' workshops are just two of the ways in which you can get involved. Your organisation's name and/or logo will be included on our intranet, which is one of the ways we promote events to students.
Opportunities also exist to sponsor our events. Please contact us for further information.
Take on a placement student
Building futures together
A work placement is a chance for a student to gain valuable practical experience in a real working environment. It is also an approved period of assessed learning within the workplace and should be relevant to their course.
The length of the work placement will depend on the course of study and your requirements. Typical placement types include:
- Semester long placement (15 days Part-time 1-2 days a week)
- Academic year placement (30 days Part-time 1-2 days a week)
- Short term or Vacation long placement (Full-time)
- Sandwich year (Full-time)
‘59% of graduates that were hired by our Top Undergraduate Employers were former interns and placement students’
Benefits to you
Taking on a work placement student from the University of Winchester can offer a range of benefits to your company:
- An additional resource for a short-term project or change initiative
- Access to enthusiastic, motivated individuals with fresh ideas that can bring modern professional skills into your workplace
- A low-risk recruitment method, saving you time and money
- Contributes to your company’s Corporate Social Responsibility
- Early access to the best talent with a high proportion of graduates choosing to stay in the region
- An opportunity to strengthen links with the University, which could lead to research collaboration
What we will do for you
- Advertise your placement free of charge on your behalf via our dedicated jobs intranet site ‘Career Connect’
- Target appropriate students for your placement
- Offer a variety of career and networking events to which we welcome employers
- Provide the student with a training session prior to the placement
Placements are a period of assessed learning in a workplace included in a course and lasting up to a year. The University greatly appreciates the time and effort from employers to help students gain valuable skills for their future, please view our employer guide here for further details. Our placements team would be delighted to discuss this and any opportunities for collaboration further.
To find out more about where our students could work for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)1962 827232
What makes Winchester different?
- 38% of University of Winchester Graduates remain in the region
- Shortlisted for ‘University of the Year’ by The Times Higher Education Award
- Winchester is the first UK university to secure green finance for campus development from sustainable bank Triodos (for the new West Downs Centre)
- Placed second in the UK for Quality Education and in the top 100 universities world-wide in the global University Impact Ratings put together by Times Higher Education in April 2019, based on its work in sustainability and social responsibility
- Awarded the National Union of Students’ (NUS) Responsible Futures accreditation for our commitment to embedding sustainability and social responsibility in its teaching and other activities (2019)
- The University of Winchester Business School is a UN PRME champion school
About the Careers Service
The Careers Service is based in the King Alfred Quarter on our campus in Winchester. We work with employers to assist students and graduates in finding employment, both part-time while studying and full-time for after graduation. We are committed to ensuring impartiality, confidentiality and equality of opportunity in the delivery of our service.
For further information, please contact us:
Tel: +44 (0)1962 827310
University of Winchester