Open Evenings are a great way to find out about our range of Masters coursesView content
Postgraduate Open Evenings
Our Postgraduate Open Evenings give you the opportunity to meet academics and current postgraduate students to find out what postgraduate life is like here at the University of Winchester. The evening usually starts off with a Welcome Talk from a senior member of staff, followed by a student Q&A session. After the Welcome Talk you can talk to our academic representatives about the course you are interested in (please note, distance learning programmes are not present). We also have a number of our professional services on hand to answer your queries, including:
- Admissions: Visit the stand for information and advice on the application process
- Careers: Find out more about how the Careers service can advise you during your postgraduate study
- Student Finance: Find out about finance and funding options available for postgraduate study
- Research and Knowledge Exchange: The RKE Centre has a broad remit, reflecting the University’s strong commitment to research support and knowledge exchange
- Student Support and Success: Visit the stand for information about the support we offer our postgraduate students
Our next open evening dates are:
- Wednesday 15 November 2023, 6-8pm – on campus
- Tuesday 16 January 2024, 6-8pm – Virtual Webinar “Studying a Postgraduate Course at University” (open to everyone) followed by sessions for DL courses only.
- Wednesday 7 February 2024, 6-8pm – on campus
Frequently Asked Questions
What time does the Open Evening start and finish?
Our Postgraduate Open Evenings start at 5pm with refreshments on arrival. Our Welcome Talk takes place at 6:15 and this marks the start of your evening. We suggest arriving at least 15 minutes before the start time to give yourself time to park and check in.
The Open Evening finishes at 7pm but you are welcome to leave once you have received all the information you need.
Do I need to bring my confirmation email and QR code with me?
We recommend that you bring along your QR code either on your phone/mobile device or as a print out, this will help to speed up the check in process. If you did not receive a QR code or you forget to bring it with you then don't worry, we can check you in just as easily without one.
I booked on but haven't received a confirmation email. Have you received my booking?
Firstly, please check your junk mail box - your email filters may be blocking us. If you still haven't received it then please give us a call or send us an email so we can check that we have definitely received your booking. We can then send you all the information you need.
Can I park on campus for the Open Evening?
Our Open Evenings do get quite busy and parking on campus is limited, but we will try our best to provide you with a free parking space. There are also disabled bays on both campuses for those with a blue badge.
Where do I go when I arrive?
When you arrive you will be directed to the check-in desks by one of our friendly Student Ambassadors. You will then be able to register your attendance and collect any literature that interests you before starting your Postgraduate Open Evening.
I can no longer attend the Postgraduate Open Evening. How do I amend my booking?
Just send us an email and we can amend your booking for you.
How many guests can I bring with me?
You can bring as many guests as you would like. We do occasionally have to limit the number of guests in a talk if it is particularly busy. However, this is very rare.