Open Days & Campus Tours
Our Open Days and Campus Tours are a great opportunity to see our beautiful campus, take a tour of our stunning accommodation and meet staff and students from the course you are looking to study. We look forward to welcoming you to our campus soon.
Open Day Events
If you can't make our next events you can also attend on the following dates:
- Campus Tour Wednesday 28th February 2018
- Postgraduate Open Evening Wednesday 28th February 2018
- Campus Tour Friday 9th March 2018
- Postgraduate Open Evening Wednesday 4th April 2018
- Open Day Saturday 7th July 2018
- Open Day Saturday 29th September 2018
Get in touch
If you have any questions about our Open Days or other opportunities to visit us our team are here to help. You can either send them an email or call +44 (0) 1962 827234 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
Frequently Asked Questions
What time does the Open Day start and finish?
When you booked your place you will have been asked to select a Welcome Talk time: either 10am, 10.45am or 11.30am. This marks the start of your day. We suggest arriving at least 15 minutes before the start time to give yourself time to park and check in. If you arrive a little earlier or a little later, don't worry - we will direct you to the next available Welcome Talk time.
The Open Day finishes once you have received all the information you need. However, all of our main services finish by 4pm (please see the programme). We often find that visitors spend at least 4 hours with us in order to fit everything in. If you do finish early then we recommend that you visit our beautiful, historic city centre.
Can I change the time of my Welcome Talk?
Yes, Welcome Talks take place throughout the morning. You do not need to let us know that you would like to change your talk; we will direct you into the next available talk when you arrive.
Do I need to bring my confirmation email and QR code with me?
We recommend that you bring along your QR code either on your phone/mobile device or as a print out, this will help to speed up the check in process. If you did not receive a QR code or you forget to bring it with you then don't worry, we can check you in just as easily without one.
I booked on but haven't received a confirmation email. Have you received my booking?
Firstly, please check your junk mail box - your email filters may be blocking us. If you still haven't received it then please give us a call or send us an email so we can check that we have definitely received your booking. We can then send you all the information you need.
Can I park on campus for the Open Day?
Our Open Days are very busy and parking on campus is limited, but we will try our best to provide you with a free parking space. Parking is allocated on a first-booked-first-served basis. When you booked your place online you will have selected either 'Standard Parking,' 'Disabled Parking,' or 'Parking not required'.
- If you selected standard parking and we have spaces available, you will receive a parking permit in the post a couple of days before the Open Day.
- If we are unable to allocate you an on campus parking space we will email you with instructions for the Park and Ride, Public Car Parks and other Public Transport options.
- If you selected 'Disabled Parking' you will automatically be sent an email with details for on campus parking.
Where do I go when I arrive?
When you arrive you will be directed to the Check In desks by one of our friendly Student Ambassadors. You will then be able to register your attendance, collect your Open Day pack and attend a Welcome Talk.
I can no longer attend the Open Day. How do I amend my booking?
Just send us an email: email@example.com and we can amend your booking.
How many guests can I bring with me?
You can bring as many guests as you would like. However, we do occasionally have to limit the number of guests in a talk if it is particularly busy. This is very rare.
What is the format of an Open Day?
- Welcome Talks take place throughout the morning
- Course Talks run between 11am and 3.30pm (please check the programme, not all courses do multiple talks)
- Campus Tours run from 09.15am until 3.30pm
- Accommodation Tours run from 09.15am until 3.30pm
- Advice Stands are open from 10.30am until 4pm
- Advice Talks run from 12pm until 3.30pm (please check the programme for exact timings, some talks only run once.)
Can I speak to an academic from my course?
All of our courses are represented by an academic at all of our Open Days. However, they may not be available throughout the day. We recommend that you check what time your Course Talks are running and attend one of these. Please refer to the programme, which is available on our website around 2-3 weeks before the event. If you arrive a little late and miss your Course Talk, please visit our Course Fair, where you can find out more from a course representative.
Can I view the student accommodation when I visit?
Yes, we will have a selection of accommodation available for you to view. Please ensure you pick up a housing booklet which contains a summary of all our accommodation.
How can I get to the Open Day?
You can get to our Open Days by using a variety of transport links. Have a look at our contact page for further information.
We also have a 30% discount if you are travelling by National Express.
To apply the discount please visit http://www.nationalexpress.com/offers/promo-codes.aspx and use the following code, for 30% off travel on the open days dates.